Marvel is planning on celebrating one of their flagship characters in style as the 60th Anniversary of Spider-Man gets closer. Peter Parker and his alter ego was introduced in Marvel Comics by legendary creators Stan Lee and Steve Ditko in the pages of the 1962 ‘Amazing Fantasy’ issue 52. Decades later, Spidey’s legacy will be celebrated in issue 1000 of the same comic book that launched him with stories from various writers and artists.
“Neil Gaiman, Jonathan Hickman, Dan Slott, Jim Cheung, Olivier Coipel and more tell all-new ‘Spider-Man’ stories in a giant-sized one-shot this August,” Marvel Comics explained on their website. “This year marks 60 years of one of comic books’ greatest icons: Spider-Man! In addition to an exciting relaunch of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, a stunning variant cover program, and more, Marvel Comics will also celebrate this milestone anniversary with a special issue honoring the comic that started it all, AMAZING FANTASY.”
They also released an image of the upcoming cover:
Due out in August, here is the cover for 'Amazing Fantasy' #1000. pic.twitter.com/tCDZoVKrRV
— Jukt Micronics (@JuktMicronicsX) May 16, 2022
Marvel Comics also announced some of the features of the comic book:
- Visionary writer Neil Gaiman’s grand return to the Marvel Universe
- Emmy Award winning creator behind Veep and Avenue 5 Armando Iannucci’s Marvel Comics debut
- Spider-Man mastermind Dan Slott and superstar artist Jim Cheung team up to explore the enduring love between Peter
- Parker and Mary Jane Watson in a story set in the far future
- Acclaimed artist Michael Cho and novelist Anthony Falcone introduce a new Spider-Man villain
- Ho Che Anderson crafts a horror-fueled Spidey adventure that cuts to Peter Parker’s core
- Plus stories by Rainbow Rowell, Jonathan Hickman, and many more!
Spider-Man has become one of the most recognizable of the Marvel Comics canon. Besides his own comics, he has also partnered with Fantastic Four, Defenders, SHIELD, New Warriors, and the Avengers. He was also a founding member of the New Avengers. For a time, he was the main character of “Marvel Team-Up.”
D-Rezzed is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. We talk about Gaming, Comics, Anime, TV, Movies, Animation and more. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of D-Rezzed, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.