Beginning as an isekai fantasy novel series by Miya Kazuki, ‘Ascendance of a Bookworm’ would receive light novel and manga published by the Tokyo-based publishing company TO Books. The series would be picked up for an anime adaptation directed by Mitsuru Hongo for the Japanese animation studio Ajia-do Animation Works starting in 2019.
As the anime enters its third season, Crunchyroll announced the English dub voice cast on their website:
- Reba Buhr (Nikaido in Dorohedoro) as Main
- Armen Taylor (0th in Tokyo 24th Ward) as Ferdinand
- Jeannie Tirado (Catarina Claes in My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!) as Lutz
- Xander Mobus (Toge Inumaki in JUJUTSU KAISEN) as Benno
- Lisa Reimold (Kinako in Tokyo 24th Ward) as Tuuli
- Kaiji Tang (Guts in Berserk) as Gunther
- Kirsten Day as Effa
- Joe Zieja (Kazutora Hanemiya in Tokyo Revengers) as Otto
- Erika Harlacher (Kurapika in Hunter x Hunter) as Corinna
- Brian Timothy Anderson (Opera in Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun) as Mark
- Chris Hackney (Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald in Bungo Stray Dogs) as Fran / Johann
- Lizzie Freeman (Kotoko Iwanaga in In/Spectre) as Delia
- Brianna Knickerbocker (Rem in Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-) as Rosina
- Kayli Mills (Emilia in Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-) Freida
- Bob Carter (Bojack in Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound) as Wolf
- Paul St. Peter (Leomon in Digimon Adventure) as Bierce
Julie Maddalena Kliewer works as the English voice director for the show.
You can watch this official clip from the show here:
MyAnimeList describes the synopsis as follows,
“Urano Motosu loves books and has an endless desire to read literature, no matter the subject. She almost fulfills her dream job of becoming a librarian before her life is ended in an accident. As she draws her last breath, she wishes to be able to read more books in her next life.
As if fate was listening to her prayer, she wakes up reincarnated as Myne—a frail five-year-old girl living in a medieval era. What immediately comes to her mind is her passion. She tries to find something to read, only to become frustrated by the lack of books at her disposal.
Without the printing press, books have to be written and copied by hand, making them very expensive; as such, only a few nobles can afford them—but this won’t stop Myne. She will prove that her will to read is unbreakable, and if there are no books around, she will make them herself!”
The anime is written by Mariko Kunisawa and features music by Michiru.
D-Rezzed is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. We talk about Gaming, Comics, Anime, TV, Movies, Animation and more. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of D-Rezzed, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.