Over the past weekend, I reported that HasLab’s Proton Pack crowdfunding campaign had passed its first stretch goal. Class One unlocked the hose that will connect the Spengler neutrona wand to the proton pack. Today Hasbro revealed what awaits us if the remaining three tiers are unlocked.
What’s up first? Mini-Pufts! Yes, these little jerks cause many issues in the movie, and you’ll get a batch of the creatures if Class Two is unlocked. The Minis will act much in the same way the already included slime will. They’ll get draped over the pack.
HasbroThe Mini-Pufts will have interchangeable parts, like the Plasma series figures. This tier will be unlocked after 11k backers chip in. We’re currently sitting at 9,718. These numbers are climbing faster than I thought they would. I’m impressed.
Class Three is the Spengler Special, and it’s the least spectacular unlockable in the bunch. This package includes a 16-page notebook that belonged to Egon, complete with “hand-written” notes. Accompanying this notebook are some stickers themed after the 1984 film and Afterlife.
Now, the final unlockable is what we all want: a stand. Sure, the pack is easy to hang with a couple of hooks, but why not have a Ghostbusters-themed stand to go along with your unlicensed nuclear accelerator?
I have no idea where I’m going to put this thing, but I’ll be grateful if the tier is reached.
If you’re unsure if you want to put down the $399.99 on this replica over the next 20 days, check out all the features the proton pack comes with and compare it to the other replica packs on the market right now:
- We’re making history with this movie-inspired prop replica, scanned directly from the Ghostbusters: Afterlife Proton Pack hero prop! (Yes, Sony Pictures Consumer Products let us play with the real thing!)
- Out-of-this-world tech features lights, sounds, AND a motor for active roleplay and re-creating iconic scenes!
- Two modes of play include lights and sounds from the 1984 classic film Ghostbusters and the upcoming 2021 Ghostbusters: Afterlife movie. Did we use supernatural sorcery? Nope, we just included a switch!
- Modular and lightweight, this scientific wonder is the closest you can get to strapping a real nuclear particle accelerator to your back (and much less dangerous)!
- Have we mentioned that this Proton Pack is compatible with the Ghostbusters Plasma Series Spengler’s Neutrona Wand (sold separately)? Because it is! The Proton Pack features a metal V-hook bracket that connects to the metal V-hook bracket on the bottom of the Neutrona Wand. Level up your cosplay game by stowing your wand on your pack when you’re not actively bustin’ ghosts!
- Scary good screen-accurate details include the booster, power cell injectors, bumper, shock mount, and more! Oh, and yeah, you can open the cyclotron and explore its inner workings for the very first time. Seriously, if you don’t fund this Ghostbusters HasLab project it may be a decision that haunts you forever!
- The Plasma Series Spengler’s Proton Pack was designed to be compatible with the ALICE system LC-1 Field Pack Frame and includes connection hardware.
D-Rezzed is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. We talk about Gaming, Comics, Anime, TV, Movies, Animation and more. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of D-Rezzed, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.