‘Kaguya-sama: Love Is War’ is an anime based on a romantic comedy manga series by Aka Akasaka. The popularity led to an anime adaptation by A-1 Pictures that launched in 2020 and ran for two seasons. A third season was released in April 2022 under the subtitle “Ultra Romantic” with Crunchyroll announcing they had recruited an English voice cast for a dub.
Crunchyroll released the actors and actresses who will be taking on the characters:
- Alexis Tipton (Miko in Mieruko-chan) as Kaguya Shinomiya
- Aaron Dismuke (Senku in Dr. STONE) as Miyuki Shirogane
- Jad Saxton (Tamaki in Fire Force) as Chika Fujiwara
- Austin Tindle (Ryo in Shenmue the Animation) as Yu Ishigami
- Madeleine Morris (Sorawo in Otherside Picnic) as Miko Iino
- AmaLee (Marin in My Dress-Up Darling) as Ai Hayasaka
- Jeremy Inman (Obi in Fire Force) as Adolphe Pescarolo
- Heather Walker (Hamusuke in Overlord) as Kei Shirogane
- Hope Endrenyi (Mosin–Nagant in Girls’ Frontline) as Maki Shijo
- Ian Sinclair (Ronaldo in The Vampire Dies in No Time) as Narrator
Aaron Dismuke, Morgan Garrett, and Michelle Rojas will work as ADR directors.
You can watch the teaser below:
MyAnimeList describes the synopsis as follows,
“At the renowned Shuchiin Academy, Miyuki Shirogane and Kaguya Shinomiya are the student body’s top representatives. Ranked the top student in the nation and respected by peers and mentors alike, Miyuki serves as the student council president. Alongside him, the vice president Kaguya—eldest daughter of the wealthy Shinomiya family—excels in every field imaginable. They are the envy of the entire student body, regarded as the perfect couple.
However, despite both having already developed feelings for the other, neither are willing to admit them. The first to confess loses, will be looked down upon, and will be considered the lesser. With their honor and pride at stake, Miyuki and Kaguya are both equally determined to be the one to emerge victorious on the battlefield of love!”
Yasuhiro Nakanishi serves as the writer for the anime with Kei Haneoka handling the music.
D-Rezzed is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. We talk about Gaming, Comics, Anime, TV, Movies, Animation and more. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of D-Rezzed, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.