Imagine a time when the MCU has run its course, and Marvel is willing to give us some silly, comic-accurate heroes and villains. Ah… someday. We got a tiny glimpse of this in Disney+’s Loki series. We could see references to Marvel’s Golden Age Thor lore here and there. But, of course, the best representation of this was Classic Loki, played by Richard E. Grant.
Hot Toys, via Sideshow Collectibles, knows what we want and is delivering it. The artists at Hot Toys have mastered the art of capturing an actor’s likeness, but this one may be the best one I’ve seen since Batman ’89’s Joker. I’m stunned that this Loki is only $285 because that face is worth a million dollars!
I’m a sucker for detail for action figures as I build and paint miniatures for kids. The artistry and skill the Hot Toys folks put into every art are stunning. Too bad this Classic Loki isn’t coming out until April or September 2023.
Expertly crafted based on the appearance of Richard E. Grant as Classic Loki from Loki, the figure features a newly developed head sculpt with horned helmet, interchangeable face sculpts highlighting grinning and serious expressions, an iconic comic-inspired costume with screen accuracy and weathering effects applied, an array of highly-detailed accessories including Frog Thor in bottle, battle-damaged helmet, travel bag, Alligator Loki in one-sixth scale, green magic effect accessories, a character backdrop, and a themed figure stand.
Classic Loki not only comes with “glorious purpose,” he is packed with all these accessories:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Richard E. Grant as Classic Loki in Marvel Studios’ Loki series
- A newly developed head sculpt with horned helmet painted in bronze and two (2) interchangeable face sculpts
- Highly-accurate facial expression, wrinkles and detailed skin texture
- Approximately 31cm tall
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relax hands
- One (1) pair of open hands
- One (1) pair of gesture hands
- One (1) gesture left hand
- Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) finely tailored Classic Loki suit in green and yellow with weathering effects
- One (1) yellow-colored cape with weathering effects
- One (1) yellow-colored belt
- One (1) pair of yellow-colored boots
- One (1) Frog Thor in bottle
- One (1) battle damaged helmet (non-wearable)
- One (1) travel bag
- One (1) Alligator Loki Sixth Scale collectible (head is equipped with articulated function)
- One (1) pair of green magic effect accessories
- One (1) specially designed character backdrop
- A themed figure stand with character name plate
Frog Thor, or Throg, keeps showing up in the Disney+ Loki merchandise. I wonder if he’ll ever get his own series? Probably not, because Marvel under Disney isn’t big on taking huge risks without James Gunn at the helm.
[Source: Sideshow Collectibles]
D-Rezzed is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. We talk about Gaming, Comics, Anime, TV, Movies, Animation and more. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of D-Rezzed, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.